Sunday, November 23, 2008

Coldplay Concert

Last night we got to go to Coldplay! 

Before the concert Zac took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House.I had a salad, broccoli au gratin, & mashed potatoes! :) I couldn't believe the waiter wiped the crumbs off the table when he cleared the table! According to Zac, this is a 5 star restaurant and the nicest restaurant in SLC. Zac is no stranger to fine dining. It was nice to kind of get to know the other side of my husband that I rarely see. He profiled everyone at the restaurant which he is very talented at. That was really fun to listen to. It was the best place to people watch.



Our seats for Coldplay were down on the floor which was pretty cool. In the middle of the concert Coldplay played a couple of songs in the middle of the audience up in the stands. Afterwards everything went dark while they were headed back to the stage. Everyone started waiving their cell phones (like they used to do lighters). I'll bet over 90% of the audience had cell phones - it was quite a sight!

I wish I'd been a bigger fan & known the music better before the concert. Now I'm going to get to know all of the songs better & want to go again! 

My top 5 favorite concerts:

1) Maroon 5 - private concert for Best Buy @ Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando, FL. We stood front row!
2) American Idols Live 2008 - this concert was awesome! We stayed afterwards and got autographs and pictures of everyone.
3) Dixie Chicks
4) Cake
5) Sawyer Brown

Zac's top 5:

1) Billy Joel / Elton John Face to Face Tour @ MGM Grand in Las Vegas (with Josh)
2) Ludo / Story of the Year @ McKay Events Center (with Tylor)
3) Cake @ Red Rock (more for the venue then the concert, Cake was good, the rest wasn't) (with Christie, Josh & Michael)
4) Toby Keith - Front row @ Usana Ampitheatre
5) Metallica Death Magnet Tour @ ESA (with Josh)

1 comment:

Jena said...

So so full of envy!

One of my favorite bands!
Awesome!

Miss you.